Monday, January 12, 2009

Photographic Transfer using Matt Medium


Finally! A successful photo transfer onto watercolor paper.
Over the weekend, I experimented with several layers of matt medium onto the magazine photograph itself and peeling off the back over the weekend, but it was ripping the photograph. I finally stopped peeling and got a not-so- cool thin layer of the photograph, and it would have been just as easy to put modge podge on top of the image and putting it into a collage.
SO with this, I put four layers of matt medium, waited for it to dry, then put a layer of matt medium on the watercolor paper and a layer of matt medium on the magazine image. Brayered it, then waited it for dry. I then peeled off the back with a wet paper towel and my fingers, and voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment