Friday, January 9, 2009

Figure Drawing

Did figure drawing last night at The Hopper House in Nyack, where I have a painting studio. I'm lucky, I know! This is my favorite of the bunch- done in gouache on 140# arches cold press paper with a calligraphy pen. The drawing is of a series of two minute poses, and the ground was already done in watercolor. I'm thinking of continuing with the idea of preset ground and letting the drawing sort of evolve within it.
I love experimenting with several different techniques whenever I go to the open studio...most of all, I love learning what works/what doesn't. I'm definately enjoying teaching AP art and seeing my students experiment and what they come up with! We had a critique today of work in progress and one student just blew me away with her use of materials. WOW. She did a self portrait in colored pencil, graphite pencil, and sharpie, and her sense of perspective, mark making, and drawing skill was outstanding. Well, more then outstanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment