Thursday, January 8, 2009

Photo Image Transfers


Experimenting with photo image transfers using matt medium, not something I've ever been successful at, but I've also never experimented thoroughly enough with it. I found a great tutorial on you tube and wanted to share it-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyHCQo36u4c

Gotta love youtube for art tutorials, what a great find!


This is a photo transfer I made from using matt medium on a inkjet photograph and a canvas board. I used a layer of matt medium on both the photograph and the canvas board, then put them together and burnished the back of the photograph with a hard surface- actually, a piece of plexiglass, which was what I had on hand. I first tried to peel it off when the matt medium was still wet- didn't work at all. So I let it dry overnight and was happily able to peel it back where most of the image transferred to the board and some ripped off altogether- probably because I didn't put a thick enough layer on it. I've shown a part of the image transfer so you can see what it looks like with the realism versus the raw board- kind of cool actually!

No comments:

Post a Comment